We were pleased to be able to start our 2020 season, and our team have been working hard to ensure our park is Covid-19 Confident for the safety of our guests, our team and our local community. This is a priority for us, as if we become ill our park will need to close. Our ways of working have changed certainly for this year, and our work since March has resulted in a set of procedures which we ask all guests to be familiar with before arriving on holiday. We have done everything possible to make Little Trevothan a safe place to visit, and our guests will share this responsibility whilst on site.
You will be aware of social distancing rules of keeping 2 metres or 6 feet away from others not in your family, at all times. There will be signs around the park as a reminder to everyone, and we ask that you reinforce this rule with your children and supervise them at all times please. The Government announced on 23rd June that distancing remains at 2m, although 1m+ is possible with mitigation, i.e. taking extra precautions in situations where 2m is not possible, like wearing face coverings on public transport. Our rule is still 2m in all areas.
We know from Public Health England that washing your hands frequently with hot water and soap is the best form of defence for Covid-19. We have also placed hand sanitising stations around the park for everyone’s convenience.
COVID-19 SYMPTOMS AND WHAT TO DO
Most people will experience at least one of the three main symptoms if they have contracted Coronavirus:
- High Temperature
- New and Continuous Cough
- Loss or Change to your Sense of Smell or Taste
If anyone in your party is experiencing any symptoms before your holiday, please let us know and remain at home.
Use the 111 online coronavirus service if you have any symptoms – https://111.nhs.u/covid-19/ (or call NHS 111). You will be advised to book a test and self-isolate.
- Anyone with symptoms must self-isolate for 7 days from the start of symptoms.
- Anyone you live with (or anyone in your support bubble) who does not have symptoms must self-isolate for 14 days from when you first started having symptoms.
There are many sources of information available from the Government, including
All aspects of Covid-19 – https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Symptoms of Covid-19 – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
NHS 111 Online – https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/
Self-isolation Guidance (NHS) – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/
OUR COVID-19 CLEANING REGIME
Of course, our standard of cleaning has always been high, but for your reassurance we now have a Covid-19 Risk Assessment detailing our procedures in a cleaning check list of over 50 points across all holiday caravans, and another similar list for all communal areas we are able to have open.
This document has been drawn up from guidance from the British Holiday and Home Parks Association, Visit Cornwall, the Professional Association of Self-Caterers, Cornwall Council and Government.
We have received Visit Britain’s “We’re Good to Go” accreditation, and also the AA’s Covid-19 Confident assessment scheme. These schemes cover all areas of our risk assessment and opening procedures. Please ask if you have any questions about our risk assessment.
YOUR HOLIDAY AT LITTLE TREVOTHAN
All guests with a booking will receive separate information on:
- Arrivals and Departures
- What to bring on holiday
- What you will find in your holiday caravan
- Out and About – our neighbours and our local communities
- Balance payments and how to make these
- Contact telephone numbers of our family team
ADDITIONAL RULES AND MEASURES IN PLACE
Our normal booking terms and conditions apply, however these are the additional measures in place to comply with Government regulations. These measures have allowed our park to open this season.
- You cannot visit if you are shielding until restrictions are lifted by Government. We recommend you contact your GP to see if these restrictions are still applicable to you and look at the Government guidance at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19
- If any of your party show symptoms whilst on holiday, you must inform us and self-isolate to minimise any risk of transmission, then request a test. If you are confirmed to have Covid-19, you should return home. If a guest cannot return home because they are not well enough to travel, their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional. Guests should follow government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed Covid-19 infection.
Regulations have been announced whereby if you become ill, and are unable to travel home, you will be liable for the following charges, and we strongly advise you to check your travel insurance policy:
- Any additional nights stayed on park;
- The cost of the next booking if this is affected.
- Your children must be supervised at all times on the park, as we must ensure everyone is following the social distancing rules.
- Our playing field and new play equipment is open with social distancing rules in place. Please be aware of the signs in place and remind your children about these and about hand hygiene routines.
- Our games room will unfortunately be closed, as it is impossible to maintain distancing and cleanliness in this high touch-point inside area.
SHOWERS AND TOILETS
- Our shower and toilet facilities will be open at 50% capacity this year to ensure social distancing can be observed. Entry to the facilities will therefore be restricted, and signs will be displayed regarding use. To clarify, we are only taking 50% of our normal bookings this summer to facilitate this.
- If you have your own facilities it is obviously in your best interest to use them as much as possible for your convenience.
- Our automatic hand driers will be in operation (hands only)
- Our hair driers will be out of use due to high-touch points and distancing rules.
- Please observe signs at all times and be patient!
These will also be available at 50% capacity. Please observe the distancing signs.
Our laundry machines will be available. Please following the guidance of one person only in the room at a time, and remember to bring your own pegs!
CHEMICAL AND GREY WASTE DISPOSAL
We recommend the use of a face mask and gloves in this area. Please maintain social distancing if waiting, use the hand sanitiser provided, and dispose of your PPE responsibly, bagged and tied and placed into the Biffa waste bins near reception. Please observe the signs in place.
Day visitors are not allowed to visit this year, due to the restrictions on numbers.
Please keep up to date with the Government’s guidance on groups at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing
We will not be able to offer an ice pack service this year, nor will there be access to our communal freezers as these are such high touch-point areas. Also there can be no mobile charging service.
AND FINALLY . . . . .
- We assume that by coming to Little Trevothan, you have read and agree to all our rules for the safety of yourselves, other holiday makers, the local community and our family team.
- We will continue to follow the advice and guidance from the Government, and reserve the right to put into place any additional measures we feel necessary for the benefit or our guests and family team, possibly at short notice.
- We will continue to post updates on our website and Facebook pages.
This year is like no other (we hope), and we thank you all for your support and co-operation.
Mark, Sue, Jacqui and Dave